WEATHER AND SAFETY
- Forecast temperature and water condition: Water: expect cold water, starting from 14° Air: between 3° and 25° at 1800 metres, between -3° and 20° at 2300 metres, between -5° and 15° at 2800 meters
- In case of cold water, fog or other hazardous weather conditions that could put the athletes’ safety in danger, the swim may be shortened
- In case of snow or extreme situations at the Stelvio Pass, the course may be changed
- In case of fog or extreme situations at the top of Carosello 3000, where the finish line is located, athletes will be redirected to the finish line set up in Livigno (1815m asl)
- The use of the wetsuits and neoprene caps is mandatory (a check will be done during the registration)
- No cars will be allowed to start without bringing water, food and a change of cycling clothes on board
- No athlete will be allowed to start the bike leg without the lights in front and behind on his bike
- No athlete or support volunteer will be allowed to start the running leg without the front light, water and food
- From Km 29,5 no athlete will be allowed to reach the peak on their own. However, in case the support volunteer should encounter any problem, the athlete can wait for the athlete behind them and can carry on with them and their support volunteer if they both agree so.
- From T3 it will not be allowed to any athlete or support member to reach the peak without a backpack containing food, water and dry clothes (a check will be done during the registration)
- A suitable refreshment will be provided after the race.